Friday, January 10, 2014

My Nest: Huzzah for White Paint

Perhaps I should pen an ode to white paint, I do love it so. A creative color choice? No. A nearly infallible color choice? Yes, yes, and yes. At least in my world.

At the end of a long day Ler likes to empty his pockets, retire his glasses and charge up his phone on the night stand. A very convenient location, but it was getting a touch chaotic. Also, the cats would decide it was time to bat change around the room at 3:00 in the morning. Lovely dears.
 
I took a quick trip to Goodwill and returned with this beauty. The tray had a study and unfinished wood frame, and hefty chipboard bottom. Only dinged my wallet for 97 cents.

A few thin coats of white paint (left over from my bathroom painting adventures) and things were starting to look good. I finished off the bottom with an insert of cork shelf liner. It has a light adhesive on the back, so it is firmly in place.

Ler's glasses, wallet, watch and other random bits-and-bobs are now corralled into one tidy little tray. Loose change is deposited in a pretty little milk glass vase I have had for years. No more finding nickles in my moccasins.



No comments:

Post a Comment