Friday, July 5, 2013

Fancy that Friday: Stormy Weather

The summer has started out rather stormy for those of us living in the southern half of the state. After nearly two weeks of turbulent winds, pouring rain, and menacing water levels, the Sunday sunshine felt particularly radiant. Although I am the type of person who requires a sweater 98% of the time, I will take a cool and coastal day over hot and humid hands down.  I revel in a rainy summer day. I enjoy the sweet scent of wet pavement and earth, the pattering upon the rooftops and trees, and the inexplicable calm that befalls a bustling city. Sometimes I wait to run until the rain has started; it feels so fresh and invigorating. Early evening thunderstorms are THE best. Perhaps I am better suited to the Pacific Northwest?

This week I fancy:
this tempestuous wallpaper via Design*Sponge.


these Dropit wall hooks are an example of beauty in simplicity. Like Anna at Door Sixteen, I really dig the black and natural finish.
this print.


this set of mugs


feeling like a super hero in these*, these or these !





* it seems this particular style is no longer available, but boohoo offers many bad ass options. Like lion faces.


these sweet earrings.



this apron. Rainy days are perfect for puttering in the kitchen or crafting up a storm (ha!).



this painting of the iconic Lena Horne. I love her rendition of Stormy Weather best.


this beautiful tune from The Wailin' Jennys.

No comments:

Post a Comment